Date : 2019-11-7 (Thu.) ~ 2019-11-8 (Fri.) 9:00~17:00
Location : 4F, No 106, Sec 2, Heping E. Rd, Taipei
Pricing : ATD Member NT$32,000、Non-Member NT$38,000、Early bird discount price NT$32,000 before September 30
Registration : https://www.iiiedu.org.tw/courses/pca079i1901/
With instructional design training you’ll learn best practices for conducting a needs assessment, completing a job/task analysis, and designing and developing courses using exclusive ATD templates. Discover a structured step-by-step process you can follow and apply immediately to your own training program development.
Earning this instructional design certificate gives you easy access to tools you’ll put to great use in your training initiatives. You’ll learn to design a complete program that aligns with your business goals, including participant guides, instructor guides, visual support, and other materials. In addition, you’ll have an opportunity to work on your own real-world program throughout the course.
This certificate is aligned with the instructional design area of expertise in the ATD Competency Model, which serves as the foundation for ATD Certification Institute, Master Series programs and APTD and CPLP certifications.
Why Should I Attend?
The Instructional Design Certificate materials model best practices so you can experience outcome-based training from a learner’s perspective. The program contains more than 15 ATD-exclusive job aids, process documents, templates, and checklists, including:
- needs assessment process
- interview guide
- task analysis checklist
- lesson outline
- design document.
What You Will Learn
- Describe and apply the ADDIE model.
- Conduct a training needs assessment that aligns performance needs with organizational results.
- Select and use data collection techniques as part of the training needs assessment process.
- Demonstrate how to structure instructional events that address psychological learning processes.
- Apply the ROPES phases of instruction to construct effective learning events.
- Write complete learning objectives based on observable actions or behaviors.
- Select learning methods and media to support the attainment of learning objectives.
- Apply guidelines to the use of visuals, text, and audio in instructional materials.
- Create participant guides, facilitator guides, and supporting materials.
- Prepare reports that document the training needs assessment, program design, and recommendations for training implementation, including pilot tests and rollout.
- Develop an evaluation strategy for training initiatives.
Who Should Attend
Developed for participants new to instructional design or for those who want to gain a comprehensive skill set, this is the complete workshop for designing outcome-based training.ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals – trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners – but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
Module 1: analysis and training needs assessment
- Needs Assessment Process Overview
- Organizational Analysis
- Performance Analysis
- Performer Analysis
- Evaluation Planning
Module 2: Design
- How People Learn
- The Psychological Processes of Learning
- Bloom’s Domains and Taxonomy of Learning
- Writing Learning Objectives
- Instructional Methods and Media
- Course and Lesson Outlines (ROPES)
- Assembling a Design Document
Module 3: development
- What to Develop, Why, and for Whom
- Developing Materials for the Classroom
- Developing Materials for the Facilitator
- Developing Materials for the Learner
- Developing Assessment Materials
Module 4: development
- Coordinating Program Support and Administration
- Preparing Facilitators
- Running a Pilot and Making Revisions
- Course Follow-Up
Module 5: evaluation
- Evaluation: Kirkpatrick’s Four Levels
- ROI (Level 5) Evaluation
Nikki O’Keeffe is an ATD facilitator and dedicated training specialist who delivers a positive, memorable, and meaningful service that repeatedly meets or exceeds the expectations of the client. She has experience creating strategies and visions to ensure training requirements and deliveries are in line with quality, probability, and client need.
She has worked in various industries, including education, healthcare, and pharmaceuticals. In her roles she has designed and developed courses for new and existing staff on technical systems, process changes, new products, and soft skills.
She is skilled at providing face-to-face and online learning programs for global participants of varying experience levels. In addition to delivering training, she has performed training needs analyses to identify gaps and recommend training solutions, worked with SMEs as a consultant to develop courses and curriculums, and evaluated programs for effectiveness.