ATD 2021 Asia Pacific Conference
We will be hosting two internationally-recognized live online ATD certificate programs which will feature as pre-conference workshops to the event.
If you would like to gain practical, real-world experience and go beyond the academic, you can enhance your conference participation to include ATD certificate programs available as pre-conference programs. These professional development options will help you elevate or develop the skills needed for you to perform at your optimal level.
THINGS TO KNOW
With live online programs, participation is mandatory in order to receive the certificate of completion and CEUs. Participants who miss more than two hours of the entire program will not be eligible to receive the certificate. Participants who fulfill the attendance requirement will receive a certificate at the end of the program.
For programs with four or fewer sessions, attendance at all live sessions is required to receive a certificate. All sessions will be recorded and available for participants to review throughout the program for your reference.
ATD requires active participation throughout the program to receive credit. Active participation in live online sessions includes, but is not limited to, participating in virtual classroom activities, discussions, breakout sessions, and intersession work. Please note that using a tablet or mobile device significantly limits your ability to participate fully and actively.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, a certificate will be issued to you through the ATD Learning Platform at the end of the program.
REGISTRATION FEE (Now – 10/9)
* Pay less but enjoy the same content. Original price on ATD website is US$ 1,745 (≈NT$52,350).
– ATD 2021 APC + One Certificate Program：NT$40,000 (≈US$1,333)
– Regular ：NT$38,000 (≈US$1,265)
– Group Pricing for 3 or more ：NT$32,000 (≈US$1,065)
*Payment must be made in NT dollars. Exchange Rate: 1USD≒30NTD
Creating Leadership Development Programs Certificate
Develop impactful programs that will develop your future superstars.
Align leadership development programs with your organization’s culture, goals, vision, and mission. Incorporate best practices in leadership needs assessments and implementation, while identifying high-potential candidates for leadership programs.
Dates and times of the live online sessions (Taiwan Time):
Exclusive arrangement for friends and colleagues of ATD APC:
* Tailored agenda to fit our time zone! No need to stay late for online courses!
Virtual Creating Leadership Development Certificate
Dates: 10/23-11/10, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Taiwan time on every Saturday and Wednesday
Total hours: 12hrs
*Recordings are available for eight weeks (56 days) after the online program ends.
- Session 1: Friday, October 22nd: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST, US time / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Taiwan time on Saturday, October 23rd
- Session 2: Tuesday, October 26th: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST, US time / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Taiwan time on Wednesday, October 27th
- Session 3: Friday, October 29th: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST, US time / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Taiwan time on Saturday, October 30th
- Session 4: Tuesday, November 2nd: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST, US time / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Taiwan time on Wednesday, November 3rd
- Session 5: Friday, November 5th: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST, US time / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Taiwan time on Saturday, November 6th
- Session 6: Tuesday, November 9th: 9:00 pm to 11:00 pm EST, US time / 10:00 am to 12:00 pm Taiwan time on Wednesday, November 10th
Equipped with the resources you need to drive maximum results, use data from your organization to apply what you learn immediately to your own leadership training. Evaluate leadership competencies and behaviors and their relation to your organizational and workforce needs. Analyze various assessment models that can support your leadership initiative. Learn to evaluate both your organization’s program and off-the-shelf offerings.
• Discover the components you need to design best-in-class leadership development.
• Gain the latest information and trends on the state of leadership development and the opportunity to compare best practices against your organization.
• Access a toolkit of more than 100 activities to use beyond the classroom. Explore ideas to engage leaders within your organization and dozens of comprehensive, ready-to-use tools.
Participants should already have experience in designing learning and have a business need to understand the best practices in developing effective leadership programs. This is not a leadership course but a program that introduces participants to all of the necessary components of great leadership development programs.
ATD Education programs are designed primarily for learning professionals—trainers, instructional designers, and organizational development practitioners—but also greatly benefit anyone within an organization who is responsible for developing others, from managers to human resources specialists.
Roles: CTDO/CLO, Talent Development Director/Executive, HR/OD Professional, Instructional Designer, Talent Development Manager
• Organizational Readiness Audit
• Critical Success Factors
• Why Leadership Development Fails
• LEADS: ATD’s Model for Building a Leadership Development Program
• The Five Phases
• Timeline to Build a Leadership Development Program: LEADS
• Leadership and Management: What’s the Difference?
2. Lay the Foundation
• What’s Driving Your Leadership Effort?
• Close Your Leadership Gap
• Ensure LDP Alignment
• Engage Your Leaders Right from the Start
• Leadership Development Philosophy
3. Envision the Future
• Planning for Leadership Development of the Future
• Grounding the Vision for a Successful Plan
• Summarizing Leadership Development Changes
• What’s a Leadership Competency?
• Customizing a Competency Model
4. Agree on and Articulate an Action Plan
• Clarify the Purpose and Establish Goals
• Determine an Operational Construct
• Who Will Participate?
• Leadership Development Communication Plan
5. Design the Developmental Elements
• 360-Degree Assessments
• Leadership Development Plans
• Succession Planning
• Leaders Developing Leaders
• Commitment to Develop Other Leaders
• Sample Mentoring Program Comparison
• Using Experience to Develop Leadership Talent
6. Sustain Progress
• Processes and Systems for Sustainability
• Annual Review Process
• Evaluating the Initiative
• Measuring the Four Levels
• ROE and ROI
• What Is ROE?
• How ROI Differs
• Continuous Process Improvement Plan
• Use the ATD leadership development model to create a leadership development program.
• Ensure alignment of a leadership development program to an organization’s culture, vision, mission, and goals, as well as competencies, customers’ requirements, and business needs.
• Select and implement appropriate learning methods.
• List content and competencies that must be included in a leadership development program.
• List observable behaviors that display a leader’s ability to demonstrate the competencies.
• Discuss a hierarchy of competencies and content for entry, mid-level, and executives.
• Utilize process planning checklists and other job aids to create a leadership development program.
• Measure and link the value of a leadership development program to an organization’s bottom line.
• Discern the advantages, disadvantages, and appropriate use of off-the-shelf leadership development programs.
• Implement questionnaires, assessment methods, and self-evaluation tools presented in the leadership development program.
• Incorporate best practices in leadership needs assessments, implementation, and when identifying high potential candidates for leadership programs.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR
Ethan Sanders is the president and CEO of Sundial Learning Systems, a consulting and instructional design firm based in the United States. Prior to this position, Ethan was a senior fellow in ICF’s organizational research, learning, and performance group, serving as a thought leader in the practice of human performance improvement, leadership development, performance management, and strategic planning. He has provided consulting services to clients in the public, nonprofit, military, and private sectors for more than 25 years. His leadership experience includes operating his own instructional design firm, directing a team of performance consultants for the US Navy, and managing instructional design and competency research for the largest nonprofit organization for talent development professionals. Ethan is a nationally recognized speaker who has published numerous books and articles on topics related to workplace learning and performance. He is also a performance technologist certified through the International Society for Performance Improvement. In addition, Ethan is the recipient of the American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement as well as the US Navy’s Meritorious Service Award. In 2019, Ethan and his team at AARP won The BEST Award from the Association for Talent Development for outstanding management of a learning function. Ethan has been a faculty member of ATD for more than 20 years and an associate professor at the University of Maryland for 10 years. He regularly presents at workplace learning and performance conferences around the world.
For any inquiries regarding Certificate Program, please contact the Secretariat:
Ms. Sherry Hsu